Sunday, July 1, 2012

See how well we packed the truck!!
Jack & Joan in front of the Sierra
In front of the Coddington House, Ithaca


From left: Jack, Karen, Matt, Kevin, Joan, Liz
You'll have to excuse the layout.   In addition to being new to blogging, I'm using a computer that is totally unfamiliar (Jack's laptop).  At least you can get some idea.


Yesterday we left Bangor about 9:30 a.m. and should have gotten to Ithaca by 1 but didn't--construction on I-81.  When we finally arrived a little after 2, we were greeted by my daughter, Karen, 3 of her 4 children--Kevin, Matt & Liz--and my cousins, Alice & Nancy & Nan's husband, Jim.  We pretty much visited the afternoon away while being serenaded by Matt & Kevin and their guitars, had a delicious cookout dinner and watched the sun set over Cayuga Lake before heading to our motel and some much needed sleep.

We were back at Coddington House by 9:30 this morning where Matt and Liz tried to give me a crash course in creating a blog and inserting pictures.  I fear I'm a poor student but will eventually figure it out.

A beautiful ride through western New York full of farms, mountains and lots of green trees and virtually no traffic brought us to Cleveland, Ohio and the Halpers (Michael--Jack's grandson-- and his wife, Michele) at about 6:30 p.m. where we've had dinner and will spend the night. 

1 comment: